Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Parents

Yes my parents, although they are divorced they do not allow what they have gone through pull them down. I think, they are the best middle aged people around! How many people at the age of 50 and 51 will still want to take up counselling courses, volunteer to serve and live their life to the fullest?! MY PARENTS would!

Knowing that they have gone through a rough patch in their marridge, my parents are determined to use their life story to minister to others who are going through what they have gone through... WOW! My parents are amazing!

My dad's a taxi driver, a few months back, he picked up an emotional passenger, facing a divorced paper from his wife. Dad gave all that he can to support that man... From finance, to spending HOURS with him, to lending him his listening ears and putting all else aside (i REALLY mean EVERYTHING else!) just to aid him and show him love.

P.S He's just my dad's ANOTHER passenger!

Knowing that after so much is done for him, yet that man has still not change one bit, dad decided to take up a counselling course to equip himself so that he knows the best way to counsel other people with family problems.

My mum on the other hand, is already writing reports(in chinese!!) about the people she hear from at the counselling centre she is volunteering in. She can't be stopped!

Can't stop, can't stop serving HIM, She can't stop, can't stop serving HIM...~

Yes, my parents are divorced. Yes, dad does not stay with us. Yes, we were all hurt at that point of time. Yes, they are christians, 3 of us are christians too. Yes, they still love God, and God is using them to minister to others!

WAH!!! My parents are so amazing! God is SUPER DUPER amazing!
I want to be like them! I will change! I am feeling TOO small for the longest time!! I WANT TO BE BIGGER!!

No comments:


Garrett
Sing Hian
Hui Ling
Zelia
Maryse
Bryan
Dinnie
Feng Xu
Jie Wei
Yi Ling
Zi Heng
Marisa
Fion
Lester
Gynn
Gabriel
Kesh
Charlotte
Joanne Soh
Joanne Soh
Grismond
Xin Jie
Chek Yeow
Yang Xin Yi
Horng Yu