Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hold your breath!

I've got LOADS to say. But I decided to put them all aside and blog about this. Just one thing. We've got to start to take note of people around us.

No use taking sides. No use trying to lie your way through. There is no secrets in the house of God.
Who's been yacking all the nonsense in our ears and make us lost balance in judging right from wrongs. Got to get it right again! Listen to all sides of a story! Missing out any information causes great disaster!

Let's learn to filter every word people tries to say to us. Including mine!

During devotion at work today: Eli and His Woodcrafts.

Eli's hobby was to make lots of wooden dolls. Tall or short, fat or thin. Emotional or courageous. All kinds of character he made them in. Each of them have their own lives (Yes, the wooden dolls are alive!)

The more Eli made, the more the wooden world gets selfish and corrupted. They begin to label each other according to the things they do. Good and bad in the wooden world's eyes. If you're hardworking, you'll get a star sticker. If you didn't do well in school, you'll get a red spot. It's a law to paste all of those things on their bodies, so that everyone can see.

Of course, those who get more stars, felt good about themselves and vice versa.

There was a particular wooden doll name, Elias(made up) who has loads of red spots on him. He's forgetful, timid, not as good looking as the rest. Everyone thinks that he's a natural loser. Therefore, he didn't like to go out at all. He hate the look in people's eyes. The way they look at him like a loser.

One day, Elias was alone in his room again... feeling sorry for himself. He looked out of the window, and saw a beautiful girl, Minna(made up too). He realised that she got no stickers on her. No stars, no red spots. NOTHING! This aroused his curiosity. He made his way out of the house to meet the girl.

Elias: "Hi, I'm Elias. I just need to ask you a question. How come the stickers people tries to stick on you doesn't stay on your body?"

Minna: "I had a lot of red spots in the past. I hate the sight of them and in other people's eyes. I thought to myself... If Eli made me, I'm sure he would have ways to help me get out of this. Oh! I see all the spots on you too... I urge you to meet Eli soon. Why don't you just go to him? I'm sure he's able to help. Like how he helped me."

Elias thought to himself: "Why would Eli see me? He would be too busy doing other things. I'm sure I'm just a small fry in his sight. Why would he bother about me?

Knowing all that he is thinking, since she's gone through the same thoughts before, said, "Just give it a shoot. No point standing here and ponder. No harm trying ya? "

Elias decided to make his way. Upon seeing Eli, he was welcomed with a great hug. At one look at Elias, Eli knew what to do for him. Eli also knew that he would come and seek help. In fact, he sent Minna to be around Elias.

Take a bold step of faith to go back to our creator!
Eli --> God
Elias --> Our old ways, past and discouragements
Minna --> Changed man. New spiritual man.





No comments:


Garrett
Sing Hian
Hui Ling
Zelia
Maryse
Bryan
Dinnie
Feng Xu
Jie Wei
Yi Ling
Zi Heng
Marisa
Fion
Lester
Gynn
Gabriel
Kesh
Charlotte
Joanne Soh
Joanne Soh
Grismond
Xin Jie
Chek Yeow
Yang Xin Yi
Horng Yu